Best excuses if you get caught sleeping in your office cubicle:
- "It's okay: I'm still billing the client."
- "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."
- "This is just a 15-minute power nap like they raved about in that time-management course you sent me to."
- "I was working smarter, not harder."
- "Whew! I must a left the top off the liquid paper."
- "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm!"
- "This is one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"
- "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."
- "I'm in the management training program."
- "I'm actually doing a "Stress Level Elimination Exercise Plan" (SLEEP) I learned at the last management seminar you made me attend."
- This is in exchange for the six hours last night when I dreamed about work!"
- "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress.
- Do you discriminate against people who practice Yoga?"
- " Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem."
- "The coffee machine is broken."
- "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot."
- "Boy, that cold medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"
- "It worked well for Reagan, didn't it?"
- "I was cross-training for telecommuting."
- "Ah, the unique and unpredictable circadian rhythms of the workaholic!"
- "Wasn't sleeping. Was trying to pick up a contact lens without hands."
- "The mailman flipped out and pulled a gun, so I was playing dead to avoid getting shot."
"Geez, I thought you were gone for the day."
< < Back